The Montana Preschool offers activities within the preschool program:
• Animals class.
• Science class.
• Gymnastics class.
• Yoga class.
In addition, we take the children to field trips, please look at our event calendar for more accurate schedule of field trips. Field trips are matched with the weekly theme. Here is a list of locations of field trips:
• The aquarium of the Pacific in Santa Monica.
• Santa Monica Fire Station or a Bakery
• Fruit Picking (strawberries or Oranges)
• Skirball Museum, Noah’s Ark exhibit
• Pumpkin Patch – before Thanksgiving
• Natural History Museum (with butterflies pavilion)
• Science Museum
Our teachers also do many activities at the school:
• Listening center (variety of activities with head phones)
• Academics activities.
• Puppet Shows.
• Science Center.
• Pretend Play Center.
• Story telling.
• Dance– introduction to new dance rhythms and free-form dancing.
• Arts and crafts.
• Outdoor play and games.
• Summer activities water play and pool days, foam and bubbles days, bounce house and lots of fun.
• Reading center in library room.
• Meeting times – children talk, listen and learn with focus on social-emotional skills.